Surveys from pupils at the visit to De Plantage at Houten in The Netherlands.
Before they came:
- Bikes, tulips, clocks, cheese and mills. There are a lot of monuments and sculptures.
- There is a lot of water and it is dangerous all that water.
- They use a lot of windmills.
- Everyone eats a lot of cheese every day.
- The schools are special I do not think that I like that.
- The family’s will be different.
- I can not talk to te pupils. We do not understand the pupils and the teachers.
- In the weekend they go to other places with their families.
- The food is strange and typical.
- There is a lot of wind and rain.
- Strange trains and busses
- You see tulips everywere.
- All the pupils play and watch football.
After the visit:
- It was a great experience.
- I did not see a man or woman on clocks.
- The food was good and the same as in my country.
- My family was almost the same as at home.
- Holland was beautiful and so green.
- I talk to the teachers, the child’s, my friends and family in English because this is the language we booth speak.
- The weather was nice, only the last day in Madurodam we had rain.
- The school was big and nice, pupils could choose what to do.
- It was modern with all the trains and bikes.
- I could speak with the other students of countries.
- They had gymnastics in school.
- The houses were colorful.
- We travelled quick by trains.
- I had stroopwaffels for the first time in my life, like it.